Wednesday, January 10, 2007

To Blog or Not to Blog


My title, "To Blog or Not to Blog" is unoriginal but when it comes to making up title's, choosing usernames or picking a drink at a bar, my mind draws a blank. I started writing a blog on Myspace last year but never mantained it; I hope here I can at least make a weekly entry. I was initially inspired to write a blog by a friend of mine who has consistently written colorful stories in her blog for over a year now. She has many followers/fans; it's almost like she is famous in blog-land.

I would love for many souls out there to read my words but I am really doing this in hopes of having some type of record of what goes on in my life on a week-to-week basis. I also look at Blogging as a form of cleansing the spirit because you get to purge everything inside of you and not worry about what people think. It's a cheap form of therapy, if you will!

I'll start this first post off by giving you a little info about myself. I'm female, 29, single and currently living in Los Angeles. I am from the South originally but La-La land has been my home for more than 5 years. I moved here with dreams of becoming a famous writer. My overnight success hasn't happened yet but I managed to finally land a job in the industry working as an executive assistant at a start-up production company. I spent the first four years in Los Angeles working for an internet company. Those 4 years were great because of the people I met but also horrible due to the sheer nature of what I did. I had to help "to be brides" with wedding questions. Bridezilla took a whole other meaning to me but I won't bore you with the details.

I named this blog, "Which is more important - Journey or Destination" because it's a question I have always pondered over. I tend to gravitate more towards the journey being more important because it will make us appreciate the destination more. It also lets you discover who you are as a person and discover the things that matter most to you in your life. So come ride with me this year on my continuing journey and hopefully I will discover more interesting facets of what I want out of this thing called "Life"....

No comments: